Project Development associate
Francis Energy is seeking a Project Development Associate to add to our growing team. The potential candidate will be ready to join the exciting and fast changing EV industry to help us grow our EV charging infrastructure. To excel in this role, you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads. You will need to take those leads to a signed agreement for the development of EV Charging station development. This position works in many states, and must work well with all departments within the organization, many programs last months and may require follow up and constant communication internally as well as with clients.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Developing proposals for clients, often with the help of the construction team
- Developing goals for the development of your business growth and ensuring they are met
- Training and educating coworkers, helping team members develop their skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Experience in sales, marketing or related fields
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time
Director of Utility Relations
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Provide oversight to the Utility Relations team, whose goal it is to provide strategic partnerships with utilities, electric cooperatives, and municipalities. These partnerships afford opportunities for strategic planning, utility rate, and aid to construction discussions, as well as project development planning and resources. The Director of Utility Relations will report to the SVP of Utility Relations.
The function of the Director of Utility Relations is to manage certain aspects of the utility division, ensuring that relationships with utilities stay strong and favorable for the EV charger deployment. Working with utilities to negotiate favorable rates for new EV charger sites, help manage workflow, and aid to construction opportunities as well as maintain long-term partnerships post construction.
This role works very closely with the construction team providing the initial utility information that is critical to the building of new sites. It is important that this role works closely with the Project Development team to ensure relationships and leads from utilities and cooperatives are managed. The development of leads for the project development team is a crucial part of this job. This position will manage the Utility Relations team and will provide them with ongoing support and training. In addition, the Director of Utility Relations will oversee the measurement and reporting of goals within the team. It will require gathering accurate and timely information for discussion and decision making. As well as ongoing relationships with utility partners.
- BS degree in Business, Engineering, Utilities, or related field utilities, business, engineering, or similar field
- 5+ years of utility experience, specifically engineering, member services, key accounts, and rate design
- Experience with leading a team of professionals
- Have a strong understanding of costs of service from utilities
- Understanding sales and business development and site acquisition
- Basic understanding of electric vehicles, chargers, and the transportation industry